||2006 Lincoln's Inn
LLB (Hons) Sheffield
Joined Citadel in 2008 following successful completion of pupillage with Antonie Muller.
Prior to pupillage, worked as a legal assistant in a firm of solicitors specialising in fraud
and 'white collar' crime. Involved in a variety of Very High Cost cases and defending
Proceeds of Crime Act applications.
• Magistrates Court : instructed on behalf of both prosecution and defence.
When prosecuting has appeared on behalf of the DWP, HMRC and UK Border Agency,
in addition to CPS. Has dealt with numerous private road traffic cases including
arguments on special reasons and exceptional hardship. Instructions in civil matters
have included representing claimants against the police, and representing the police in
such claims. Has handled a number of cases involving civil Proceeds of Crime
• Youth Court : wide experience defending and prosecuting. Notable recent trials
have included representing a young man charged with sexual assault, and defending
in a multi-defendant trial involving youths charged with arson with intent to endanger life.
• Crown Court : instructed to defend and prosecute. Recent trials have included
representing a man charged with racially aggravated assault and other matters, and
representing a woman charged with possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply.
Other recent instructions have included representing a man who received a Mental Health
Treatment Order, and representing a man charged with grooming offences.
• County Court : experience of acting for claimant or defendant in fast track cases,
small claims, and infant settlements.
• Coroner's Court : has represented parties at a number of inquests.
Continuing professional development
Involved in training probationary police officers (through the University of Northampton),
regarding procedure and evidence.